God has us on a journey. One of adventure. Of learning. Of battles. Of love. Growth is this journey realized. So here is our story.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Fresh start

A new semester begins. Starting the school year, getting into a new routine never ceases to capture my excitement. I get pleasant butterflies reminiscing about colorful falling leaves, dry land swim practices on the football field, and new notebooks and pens. Even now, in grad school, in the desert, I love the feel of a fresh start. I love knowing I'll be settling into a cozy routine that I can depend on. It's a constant rhythm between school work, play with Soren, errands, workouts, study dates with Karen, family dinners, evening walks or swims, Dexter nights with Bran, and Sunday morning breakfasts. It's contained chaos...and I love it. The seasons of nature (albeit very subtle in Arizona) and the seasons of the school year give me a steady peace in the continuity of life. I feel sustained in the familiar routines and hopeful for what may come with this fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment