God has us on a journey. One of adventure. Of learning. Of battles. Of love. Growth is this journey realized. So here is our story.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stop striving. Let go. Be you.

It's getting to that time of year again when we start thinking about New Year's resolutions, and I have finally finished my project for last year's resolution/theme! My theme for 2010 meant so much to me that I wanted to make an artistic rendition of it and then hang it in my room to be reminded of it each day. It took almost the entire year, but here it is! Key words for my soul: Stop striving. Let go. Be you.
I'm thinking I might continue with this theme at least until my 30th birthday (agghh!!) in April. I decided on my birthday this last year that my goal for 30 was to become so much more comfortable in my own skin. I've always heard that your 30s are so much better than your 20s because you finally know who you are and can enjoy life so much more because of it. It will probably be a life-long lesson, but I'm hoping for a fresh start at 30. Not a defining moment, but a place where I can look back and be satisfied with my 30 years of growth, maturation, and development of my unique identity. I need a plateau in the climbing so that I can embrace my new-found freedom and gaze at the exciting terrain in front of me...
Here's to stopping the race, letting go, and loving being me at 30!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Thanks for sharing! Beautiful artwork (I love the waves and sunsets:) and great lifelong theme. I wish I could say that life gets easier at 30, but the 30's have been harder for me, so I thank you for that reminder:) love, hill

    ReplyDelete